Imagine 2030 is happening soon, and we’ve got all the info you need. Here are five things YOU need to know before Nov. 14!
- The university has incentives for you
- How to win $25 in Beach Bucks
If you RSVP to the event early, not only will you get a reminder about when the program is happening, but you will also be entered in to a raffle to win $25 Beach Bucks to be used anywhere on campus! RSVP at: https://rsvp.imaginebeach2030.org/.
- How to Win 1 of 10 $100 credits to the CSULB Bookstore
Once the conversation launches on Nov. 14, this opportunity will begin! The platform will allow students to contribute their ideas, comment on other people’s ideas and collaborate with others. 10 student contributors will be chosen at random and will win a $100 credit to the CSULB Bookstore!
- How to win $25 in Beach Bucks
- ASI has an extra incentive for RSVP’ing before Nov. 14!*
By RSVP’ing to the Beach 2030 conversation early, students will be entered to win a Lenovo Yoga Book provided by ASI!
Lenovo Yoga Book 2018
- The goal of Imagine 2030
The ultimate goal of Imagine 2030 is to hear ideas about how the university should look, feel and operate by 2030. The university wants to know what changes should be made and from the people who know Long Beach State best -- YOU!
- This isn’t an in-person event
Imagine 2030 is happening online from Nov. 14 - 15. You’ll log into the program and contribute your ideas in 280 characters or less. Others participating can up-vote (or ‘like’) and build upon your ideas. You can also submit ideas and start a conversation on Twitter using the hashtags #PositiveBeach2030 to talk about what you want to see happen on campus by 2030 and #ShadowBeach2030 for the challenges you think the campus will face in 2030. A full ‘how-to’ video can be found by clicking here.
- Participating is as easy as 1, 2, 3
This is how it works:
- First, you’ll watch a video answer a couple of questions about what you want to see changed and/or enhanced at Long Beach State.
- Second, you’ll be prompted to create a login and sign into the Forsight Engine platform.
- Finally, you’ll collaborate with others on ideas you have for the Beach and get points for building upon your ideas! Side note, even though there are points, it’s not a competition -- it’s definitely more of a collaboration.
If you still want to learn more, this toolkit has everything you need to know for Imagine 2030, including frequently asked questions and basics on how the platform works. http://www.csulb.edu/sites/default/files/u34116/imagine_beach_2030_toolkit.pdf
See you all on the Foresight Engine on Nov. 14 and 15!
*ASI will draw one student’s name from the RSVP list for Imagine Beach 2030.
Terms and Conditions
Contest Dates: Oct. 16 – 11:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2018
To be eligible for the Imagine Beach 2030, participants must RSVP before Nov. 14. Only one prize will be awarded.
Prize: Lenovo Yoga Book
- Contestants will be selected on the morning of Wednesday, Nov. 14.
- Selection will be made randomly on designated day.
- Winners will also be announced via email.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to contact CSULB Associated Students, Inc. and claim their prize. If the prize is not claimed after 5 calendar days, the winner will forfeit their prize and another name will be drawn from the group of eligible submissions.
- Individuals must provide an ID to be eligible to win.
- No prize or cash substitutions will be allowed.
- The winner must be a currently enrolled CSULB student.