Published: Friday, 30 April 2021
Written by Joshua Gallegos and Darlene Gonzalez
Need a helping hand during finals week? Don’t worry we’ve got your back. Take on finals with these top-notch stress-reducing programs and resources. Bookmark this page for on-the-fly mindful activities, coloring sheets, exclusive stretching tips and more to get you through tough exam days.
Many Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) departments have compiled helpful resource links just for you! Check out their suggested relaxation content below:
Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC):
If you need some relief during finals week, we recommend you take a holistic approach to focusing on your mind, body and spirit. Here are some links to get you started:
- Who doesn’t love puppies? These pups are sure to set your mind at ease. Visit explore.org.
- Avoid burnout by practicing the Pomodoro Technique. Visit pomofocus.io.
- Take time to reflect with this 30-second gratitude journal. Visit conquer.today/gratitude.
- Don’t get stuck in your seat, try these five stretches while studying for finals. Visit mag.syr.edu.
- Keep your body nourished with some good meals. Visit asirecreation.org/beach-balance.
- Maybe you need to burn off some energy to release stress. Visit asirecreation.org/calendar.
- Take a break, get some fresh air and get outside. Visit alltrails.com.
- If exams have you feeling stressed, try to get centered. Visit theconversation.com.
- Feel like you don’t have enough time to take a break? Check out this Beach Wellness Care Package. Visit csulb.edu//beach_wellness_care_package_spring_2021.
Beach Pride Events (BPE):
During finals week it’s important to find time to practice self-care and mindfulness. BPE recommends using these strategies to find rest and relaxation:
- Step away from life stressors and do nothing! Visit donothingfor2minutes.com.
- Zone out with various Monterey Bay Aquarium live cams. Visit montereybayaquarium.org.
- Can’t sleep? Get rid of distractions by listening to ambient noises. Visit asoftmurmur.com.
- Feeling artistic? Play around with digital art and paint. Visit weavesilk.com.
- Try our LBSU coloring sheets courtesy of Alumni. Visit csulb.edu/edu/alumni/coloring-book.
- Use these different teas to help get you through this week. Visit spoonuniversity.com
- Take these helpful tips and prepare for finals at home. Visit universitygirlsu.com.
ASI Communications (ASI Comm):
Check out some of ASI’s feature articles and print-out sheets to help you pull through the end of this spring semester! Try out these resources:
- Take a break with our student-made playlists. Read “ASI Recommends: Music – Our Top Picks.”
- Dive into rest and relaxation your way! Read “Alicia’s Take: Self-Care in a Virtual World.”
- Play with color and unwind right now by downloading these FREE ASI coloring pages.
- Or maybe you want to get out and discover new sights! Read “Spring Activities in Long Beach.”
Remember to take care of you for you! Find your balance during finals, whether it be through art, music or sleep. When you discover a stress-relief method that works for you stick with it. You can get through finals, good luck!