Published: Tuesday, 3 May 2022
Written by ASI Beach Pride Events Staff
Creating outlines, catching up on reading and reviewing a semester’s worth of notes. Yep, it sounds like Finals Week is upon us! And here in Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) we also know that studying is no easy task. That’s why we want to share opportunities you can use throughout the day to help you conquer the next two weeks.
These finals week activities are brought to you by the University Student Union, Bob Murphy Access Center, Career Development Center, The Learning Center, Beach Buddy, Counseling and Psychological Services, Student Health Services and the Educational Opportunity Program.
Let’s start with your morning
It's time to load up on some snacks and caffeine. You are in luck because the University Student Union (USU) will be giving out coffee, popcorn, cookies, fresh fruit and even donuts!
- The USU’s Finals Week food giveaways will be May 9 through May 13 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the USU Center Courtyard.
- Also stop by for some snacks at the Finals Snack Attack on May 4 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Student Success Center’s Courtyard.
You’ve made the most of your morning so it’s time for a break
How about a quick meditation session? Join us for Mindful Monday on May 9 from 12:15 to 12:30 p.m. (Zoom Meeting ID: 847 3688 5732), or make time for Museum Meditations on May 9 and May 16 from 1:15 to 1:45 p.m. at the Kleefield Museum on campus (by the Horn Center).
Spend time with a therapy dog to reset your day! Go Team Therapy Dogs will be on campus daily from May 4 through May 12 from noon to 1:30 p.m. outside the Bob Murphy Access Center (SSSC-110).
Now back to the grind – but do you need help working through it all?
We are here to help! From study groups, to dealing with procrastination, to working through test anxiety–we got you covered:
- Getting Ready for Final Exams (Finals Preparation) will be held on May 4 from 11 a.m. to noon over Zoom (Meeting ID: 865 1892 1867).
- Pros of Procrastination will be right after on May 4 from noon to 1 p.m. on Zoom (Meeting ID: 865 1552 5552).
- Learn tactics to Taming Test Anxiety on May 5 from noon to 12:50 p.m. on Zoom (Meeting ID: 832 7250 3928).
- Work through finals and meet new study buddies in our Buddies Connect at the Beach–For Finals event on May 4 at 1 p.m. on Zoom (Meeting ID: 870 8990 9478).
Now you’ve conquered the day so grab some free dinner and enjoy a night of bowling!
Wrap up your day up back at the USU. We will be giving away free food in the USU Center Courtyard May 9 through May 12 at 5 p.m. to the first 75 students daily.
After you grab your food, head down to the Games Center (on the first floor of the USU) from 5 to 9 p.m. and enjoy a free bowling game (with shoe rental) and/or 30 minutes of free billiards. Here’s the full week breakdown of what games will be offered each day:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: Billiards Special
- Tuesday and Thursday: Bowling Special
With finals week approaching, remember to take care of yourself! It’s a crucial time and we know you will face it like a champ!
For complete details on the events mentioned above hosted by the Division of Student Affairs, search ‘Facing Finals’ on BeachSync. For more information about the activities hosted in the USU, visit asicsulb.org/finals.