Welcome, WoW Organizers!
ASI Beach Pride Events (BPE) is excited to host Week of Welcome (WoW) in person for the fall 2023 semester.
Aug. 29 – Aug. 30 | 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. | Speaker’s Platform and Central Quad
Registration Closes: Wednesday, Aug. 23
To request disability-related accommodations, complete the Bob Murphy Access Center Event Request Form.
Photo Release: By participating in any ASI event, you acknowledge and agree that Associated Students has the right to photograph and record you, and that these visual/audio images may be used for promotional and marketing purposes without further notice or compensation. You also waive the right to inspect or approve the finished images or associated materials, and release Associated Students from any claims or liability related to the use of these images.
Use these anchors to navigate to the section of information that you desire.
Each student organization and campus department are invited to table for two days, starting on Tuesday and concluding on Wednesday, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day. Check-in will begin at 10 a.m.
See below for some important registration information:
- Registration is only open to campus departments and student organizations registered and approved with Student Life and Development.
- Registration closes Wednesday, Aug. 23.
- There is a registration fee of $15. Registration will be on Eventbrite and payment can be made using a debit or credit card or PayPal.
- Registration includes: (1) 10 x 10 space, (1) table and (2) chairs, provided for both days of the event.
- For organizations bringing their own pop-up canopies, it is required to provide proof of certification for fire retardancy. During check-in, event staff will review and approve the canopies accordingly.
- No additional tables or chairs will be provided per organization.
- Electricity will not be provided.
- All organizations must stay for the duration of the 3-hour event on both days.
- In the instance that Week of Welcome is cancelled due to inclement weather, refunds will not be provided.
- Event is subject to change based on local health and public-safety conditions. In the instance that Week of Welcome is cancelled due to public safety restrictions, refunds will be issued.
- All members of the tabling organizations are highly encouraged to wear a mask at all times.
- Tables are to remain in their designated spot and are not permitted to be moved.
- To maintain cleanliness, it is mandatory for organizations to tidy up their designated spaces daily. Failure to clean up all trash properly at the booth space will result in a daily $50 fee charged to the respective organization.
Prohibited items include:
- Megaphones, loudhailers, bullhorns, microphones, public address systems, loudspeakers.
- Music must not disturb the group tabling beside or across the organization with sound.
Process for Violations to Event Requirements
In the case of event requirement violations, the following system will be enacted:
- 1st Violation: Verbal warning given in person by event staff
- 2nd Violation: Second and final verbal warning given in person by event staff
- 3rd Violation: Upon notification by event staff, the organization/department will be instructed to leave the event premises immediately. All tabling activities will be required to cease promptly. Expelled groups will not be permitted to table on any remaining days of the event and no refunds will be issued.
Prepare for Tabling
Participating in WoW is an excellent opportunity to connect and engage with fellow students, share information about your organization and recruit new members. To ensure a successful tabling experience, it is beneficial to plan ahead and be well-prepared. Here are some valuable tips to enhance your WoW tabling experience:
Provide handouts (fliers, brochures, etc.):
- Equipping students with tangible information will help enable post-interaction communication once they leave your table.
Display a QR code:
- Create a QR code, displayed for easy visibility, that directs students to your BeachSync page, website or social media.
- This allows students to access your information quickly and on the go.
Keep your BeachSync page updated:
Make it fun!
Invite students to stop by your table to learn about your organization! Use your social media, newsletters and email outreach to encourage students to come see you!
Be sure to use the hashtag #WOWLB for ASI to reshare!
Click here to download WoW marketing fliers to share!
Who to Contact
- Clubs and Organizations Help: Contact your advisor to assist you with the registration process or questions about your organization’s standing with Student Life and Development (SLD).
- SLD advisor contact information can be located here.
- Accessibility: To request disability-related accommodations, Bob Murphy Access Center Event Request Form.
- For information relating to your registration or the event, contact ASI-BeachPride@csulb.edu.
Refunds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed. Email ASI-BeachPride@csulb.edu for assistance.