Welcome, WoW Organizers!
First and foremost, thank you for your patience during the planning of this program. As you may know, our team has been working hard all summer to find and secure a platform that meets our unique needs, and is accessible for our students. We selected Results Direct, which has been used around the world and was far beyond many other platforms in regards to meeting our Accessible Technology Initiative targets. Now it is time to start populating the platform with your content! This page contains (7) sections of information.
Use these anchors to navigate to the section of information that you desire.
NEW! Student Clubs & Organizations Social Media Competition
Student clubs and organizations, we encourage you to promote your booth using the hashtag ➡️ #WOWLB ! Using this hashtag enters you into an opportunity drawing for an Amazon/Bookstore gift card (your preference). 1st place winner will receive a $100 gift card, 2nd place will win a $50 gift card and 3rd place will win a $30 gift card!
Here’s how to enter:
🎁 Follow CSULBASI
🎁Post about WOW in your feed or story, using #WOWLB in your caption.
🎁Tag @csulbasi so we can see your post (make sure account is public)
👉🏽 In order to enter the giveaway, the organization/club must be registered with Student Life and Development
👉🏽 All entries must be submitted by August 30th. The winners will be announced that following Sunday.
👉🏽 Posts/stories must include #WOWLB for an entry. You can be entered more than once, as we will accept one entry per day that you post about WOW using the hashtag #WOWLB. Entries are valid on Twitter, Instagram, and Instagram Story.
👉🏽 Random winners will be contacted directly. Please note that winners will have 24 hours to accept their prize, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
Here is the timeline for Week of Welcome preparation moving forward so that we are all on the same page.
- Participant Registration.This will take place from now through launch of the program. This is not for booths, but just for normal attendees.
- Early Booth Registration. Please register using any of the available buttons once you have reviewed this email. The initial registration deadline for clubs, orgs and departments will be 6 PM on Wednesday, August 19.
- Late Booth Registration. Wednesday Aug. 19 to Thursday, Aug. 27. This second period will be open the week prior to the event, but submitting during this window may delay the posting of your booth details until the week of Week of Welcome. Early registrants will likely have their info available for students to browser prior to the week-of launch.
- Data Population. The week of August 17. ASI will begin to populate the platform and at the end of the week.
- Live for Browsing. First Week of School. The week prior to Week of Welcome, registrants will receive an email inviting them to pre-browse the platform and select booths to follow. This pre-browse period will allow students to get a sense of what they want to attend during WoW. All the more reason to get your registration in early and make your area shine!
- Week of Welcome! Aug. 31- Sept. 4. Notifications will go out to all registrants throughout the week! The first one will be sent the day before the kick-off. At this point, it is all up to you and your team. Make sure those Zooms are fun and interesting. Use break out rooms and get connected!
Who to Contact
Here are the different levels to understand when it comes to content app maintenance.
- Technical issues. Any login or technical issues finding items will be handled by the vendor, Results Direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accessibility – Navigation. Please email email@example.com or call 562-985-2535 Our team will be happy to walk through the experience with any student or staff member who encounters issues navigating the platform due to accessibility issues.
- Admin Level. Most advisors will have this access for the clubs they advise and work with.
- Attendee. This is any event attendee not responsible for managing a club or organization.
ASI and campus partners will be marketing this program heavily, but so should each organization. Remember, these booths belong to you, so the more you provide at the initial registration the better.
Though Week of Welcome will be five days instead of two, our goal is to make it no more of a task for your team as it normally is. Each area will have 2, 3-hour sessions where booths will be asked to be active. During each 3-hour period, what happens is up to you. Remember, students are still in classes throughout the day so be sure to provide plenty of opportunities for conversation, just like normal WoW! For example, here is a sample of ASI's session agenda:
Please be mindful of student attendees who may need disability related accommodations during your live sessions. This includes and is not limited to students with visual and or hearing impairments. It’s best to be prepared in case you come across a student with accessibility needs. As a tip, you can use the Zoom chat, breakout room, and/or closed captioning functions in your sessions to assist.
Session #1 Tuesday, 10 AM to 1 PM
All students who visit this portal will be entered to win a brand new Surface. Other small prizes will be awarded at the top of each hour.
- 10 AM – Zoom Goes Live, Welcome and Preview the Agenda
- 10 – 10:15 AM – Goals and Initiatives Overview. Executive Leaders, Overview of the Year Ahead (recorded)
- 10:15 – 11 AM – Connection Chats. 5 student government officers will hang out in the Zoom room and the moderator will use breakout rooms to create rooms for one-to-one or two-to-one 5-minute Connection Chats (not recorded)
- 11 AM – Prize #1
- 11:05 AM – Play recording (or re-present)
- REPEAT until 1 PM
Remember, this is just an example. Be as fun and creative as you choose!
Each club or department will have two LIVE INTERACTION periods during the week. For example, looking at the schedule below, Academic oriented clubs will have a live session from 10 AM to 1 PM on Tuesday, Sept. 1, and another live session from 1 to 4 PM on Friday, Sept. 4. During registration two Zoom links should be created for these two periods. Please call 562.985.2535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
|10 AM - 1PM||ASI Welcome & Event Kick Off (TBD)||Academic Organizations & ASI Departments||Special Interest Organizations, Fraternity and Sorority Life, University Resources (A-B)||Community Service, Club Sports, University Resources (C-H)||Religious Organizations, Cultural Organizations, University Resources (I-Z)|
|1 PM - 4 PM||Student Involvement Panel (TBD)||Religious Organizations, Cultural Organizations, University Resources (I-Z)||Community Service, Club Sports, University Resources (C-H)||Special Interest Organizations, Fraternity & Sorority Life, University Resources (A-B)||Academic Organizations & ASI Departments|
FAQs & More Info
How do I create Zoom sessions for my booth?
Great question! To create your Zoom sessions you’ll need to make sure you sign into your zoom account through your CSULB single sign-on. You can also sign in by clicking this link and entering your campus credentials: https://csulb.zoom.us/. Once you’re signed in, you’re ready to set up your meetings.
Still need assistance? Here is a quick video on how to schedule meetings on Zoom:
Booth registration is now closed; however, all students -- both club members and general attendees -- must register to gain access. Register on the main event page, www.asicsulb.org/wow.
To gain access to this event, and all Week of Welcome activities, each student, faculty and staff member must register with their CSULB email address. Use the WoW Registration Form to get the process started. We are working with Evensential to handle our virtual fair. Once the platform is live, you will receive an email to get connected!