Published: Thursday, 24 April 2020
In this time of at-home quarantine and COVID-19 precautions, it’s important to know how to take care of yourself and others. A helpful way to prevent the spread of the virus is having disinfectants on had 24/7.
Follow these steps outlined below to avoid the supermarket lines and start creating your own personal stock of hand sanitizer today!
This hand sanitizer recipe comes from Dr. Rishi Desai formerly of the CDC epidemic intelligence division and chief medical officer of Osmosis.
- ¾ cup of rubbing alcohol (99%)
- ¼ cup of aloe Vera gel (keeps your hands smooth)
- 10 drops of essential oil (such as: lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil or lemon juice)
- Put all the mixings together into a bowl
- Stir the ingredients with a spoon
- Whisk until the mix become gel-like
- Pour the finished creation into an empty bottle
- Label the bottle “hand sanitizer”
For more information on how-to prepare and use your own formula, visit the following resources: